Hi,

I searched for similar situations but haven't come across anything - an easy
one I'm sure though.

Issue:
Our site contains a large amount of marketing URLs which redirect to a small
number of actual actions. E.g.:
  www.mysite.com/offer1
  www.mysite.com/offeragain
  www.mysite.com/GreatOffer

I don't want carry on creating individual index.jsp for each sub-URL (as
respective directories offer1, offeragain, GreatOffer) containing a single
<%response.sendRedirect(...)%>

Solutions
Since my Struts FilterDispatcher is watching all url patterns, I can either:
  * create some proprietary interceptor that checks the URI against a
privately held hash of redirect URLs or
  * use a tweak on the following which didn't work out so well:

1 === browser
Example URL: www.mysite.com/offer1

2 === struts.xml
<struts>
    <package name="offer1" extends="struts-default">
        <default-action-ref name="index"/>

        <action name="index">
            <result type="redirect">http://www.newredirection.com</result>
        </action>
    </package>
</struts>

3 === web.xml
    <welcome-file-list>
        <welcome-file>index.do</welcome-file>
    </welcome-file-list>

Unless I specifically call www.mysite.com/offer1/index.do, I get a 404 on
the original URL.

So which way do you propose I ought to go? A proprietary interceptor, a
fixed version of the above, or another solution?

I'm not 100% on Struts 2 yet so your assistance is appreciated. I'm going
live very soon with this!

Thanks,
Antony