I plan to use Struts validation frame to validate my input fields. I want to konw if there is a way to use wildcard characters such as "*?" in my validtion.xml.

For instance:

<validator type="stringlength">
   <param name="fieldName">My*Book</param>
   <param name="maxLength">1</param>
   <param name="trim">true</param>
   <message>
       <![CDATA[The book name must be a single character]]>
   </message>
</validator>

Here, this fieldName could be "MyOldBook", "MyNewBook", "MyBook" etc.

I never see this style configuration, and it DOES NOT work yet. Is there any way to make Struts work in this way?