Hi,

I think you can only have problems with parameter names that has public getter/setter in you action class.

Il giorno 09/lug/07, alle ore 22:09, Gunnar Hillert ha scritto:

Hi,

Bump...Nobody using the ParameterNameAware interface?
Any responses would be highly appreciated.

Thanks!

Gunnar

Gunnar Hillert wrote:

Hi,

I have a question regarding the ParametersInterceptor, specifically the ParameterNameAware interface. Since Struts 2 is typically injecting the form parameters into the action, I have some security concerns. It works really great but I fear that malicious users could somehow inject other
parameters as well.

Therefore, during my current project (Actually my first Struts 2 project), I made all actions implement the ParameterNameAware interface. Then in the acceptableParameterName method, I specified the permissible parameters
for the action. This really works nicely but here is my question:

Is it generally a best practice to ALWAYS implement that interface when
processing forms? (Or am I just too paranoid?) What is the general
consensus on this issue? (I could not find too much information on this…)

Lastly, instead of using the interface, would it be a good idea to have a
dedicated annotation for this?

Thanks!

Regards,

Gunnar Hillert