That's a huge question that is better served by spending some time
with Google, but in general, action-based frameworks map a url to an
"action", which is generally a single class with some sort of execute
or perform method.  Component-based frameworks like JSF and Wicket
don't deal with urls, but with components that break up a page into
its, well, components.

Don