I have a similar problem to a previous post that didn't get any replies.

I'll relist it for quick reference:

The documentation on the page File Upload Interceptor
(http://struts.apache.org/2.x/docs/file-upload-interceptor.html)
indicates that the error messages are currently set to defaults in the
struts-messages.properties file.  However, when I look at the file the
messages I am getting are different than those specified.  The page goes
on to indicate that these properties can be overridden by setting them
in your properties file for the following keys:

- struts.messages.error.uploading - a general error that occurs when the
file could not be uploaded
- struts.messages.error.file.too.large - occurs when the uploaded file
is too large
- struts.messages.error.content.type.not.allowed - occurs when the
uploaded file does not match the expected content types specified

I over-ride these in struts.properties and struts-messages.properties
and neither works.

What is the correct method?