I have to pass object,so I think I should go for session?

Am I right?

Yes, you should use session, but ... i dissuade from save something to session from JSP. Firstly, after a month you won't remember what you have in session, and session will grown because you won't remember to clean it probably. Besides, any logic you can do in view, you can and should do in action.

If you want to remember something from one request to another and if you use the same action as input action and action you submit to, you can store action object (in s2 or ScopeInterceptor) or action form (in s1) is session. If you want to remember something across different actions save it as normal object in session.

The are 2 other things with session:
-- any object you put into session should be serializable (less troubles when you cluster application for example) -- session is like memory in C/C++, it can grows when is bad used; you have to remember to clean it when you know you don't need some objects anymore, and use session as small as possible. Remember that each user has session.

--
Mateusz Nowakowski