I appreciate the explanation on how it's all supposed to work, but given my
limited experience with struts 2 and this type of framework as a whole, I am
not yet proficient enough to figure out where things are being generated.  I
use log4j to log a number of events in my code, but I don't even know how to
display this type of request object logging you're presenting.  I need examples
to run with and understand how things work; going through this was helpful to
get a big view, and I don't mean to be rude, but it still doesn't help me read
the checkbox value.

Is there a simple example I can follow?  That's the best way I learn.

Thanks,
Session