On Today at 4:16pm, HR=>Haroon Rafique <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

HR> [..snip..]
HR>
HR> Any one has any recipes they want to share? I'm using struts 2.0.9
HR> with sitemesh decorators and freemarker as the view.

Since I use sitemesh, I think I know the culprit is sitemesh. I found the
following at the bottom of:
http://cwiki.apache.org/WW/performance-tuning.html

Do not create sessions unless you need them.

Struts 2 does not create sessions unless asked to (for example, by having
the createSession interceptor in your interceptor stack). Note that when
you use SiteMesh however, a session will always be created (See
http://forums.opensymphony.com/thread.jspa?messageID=5688 for details).

Later,
--
Haroon Rafique <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>