Hi,

 I am using struts 1.3.8 for my application. For validation I am using
validator framework. In one of my pages my form is submitted either by
submit button or changing the dropdown list value. "action" is the name of
the property in the corresponding actionform which stores the submit
button's value for example if the submit button's value is "Modify" then
action property value is "Modify" and action property value is "null" if I
submit the page using change in the dropdown list value. I am using
validwhen to check if the action property is "Modify" as shown below,

<form name="EditUserForm">

        <field property="firstName" depends="validwhen">

                  <var>

                       <var-name>test</var-name>

                      <var-value>((action != "Modify") or (*this* !=
null))</var-value>

                 </var>

       <arg key="ApplicantInfoDisplayActionForm.firstName"/>

</field>
 </form>
My doubt is can I use two validations using the which will be called only
when action != "modify". like I want to check whether the email address is
in right format so I used
<field property="emailAddress" depends="validwhen,email"> and rest of the
code as shown above but it is checking for email format even if action is
not equal to "Modify". By seeing the code it seems that validwhen it is
taking different and email it is taking different. Then how can I use both.
Can any one please help me whether I can use validwhen In this situation. If
not validwhen how can I use the validator framework.
--
Regards
Viplav Kallepu

--