probably you'll need to invert the filter-mapping declaration order.

hezjing wrote:
With  OpenSessionInViewFilter, my web.xml will look like this

<filter>
  <filter-name>struts2</filter-name>
  <filter-class>org.apache.struts2.dispatcher.FilterDispatcher</filter-class>
</filter>
<filter>
  <filter-name>sessionFilter</filter-name>

<filter-class>org.springframework.orm.hibernate3.support.OpenSessionInViewFilter</filter-class>
</filter>
<filter-mapping>
  <filter-name>struts2</filter-name>
  <url-pattern>/*</url-pattern>
</filter-mapping>
<filter-mapping>
  <filter-name>sessionFilter</filter-name>
  <url-pattern>/*</url-pattern>
</filter-mapping>

Does it cause any conflict when both struts2 and sessionFilter are
mapped to the same URL pattern?