That happened to me once, and it ended up that the s:select tag was improperly
written.  Make sure that you are returning an appropriate map<string, string>
from the function that is associated to the list attribute in s:select.  It
expects a map that maps IDs to strings that get displayed.

Hope it helps,
Session