I'm now digging into XWork to see if I can add this functionality. I have the
following in a JSP and I'd like to receive an error from it:

<s:property value="methodDoesntExist('foo')"/>

OgnlValueStack lines 260-265:

            Object value = OgnlUtil.getValue(expr, context, root, asType);
            if (value != null) {
                return value;
            } else {
                return findInContext(expr);
            }

In this example, the following method is called with
"methodDoesntExist('foo')"" as the value for name:

    private Object findInContext(String name) {
        return getContext().get(name);
    }

So if nothing is found in the map, null is returned (I'm assuming). It seems
like the if/else statement might be better with the following:

            Object value = OgnlUtil.getValue(expr, context, root, asType);
            if (value != null) {
                return value;
            } else {
                value = findInContext(expr);
                if (value == null) {
                    logLookupFailure(expr, ??);

However, I don't know what to put in the ?? location. Thoughts on this?

Thanks,

Matt