Sounds very similar to the problem i had but no straightforward solution yet
; i've put this for enhancement on JIRA -
https://issues.apache.org/struts/browse/WW-2113?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel#action_41901

Can you please check if this is what you need as well?

-Joseph