Hello:

In my struts.xml, I have this property:

  <constant name="struts.enable.SlashesInActionNames" value="true"/>

At the very end of my actions, I have this one:

    <action name="*" class="page.NavUtil">
      <result name="success" type="tiles">page.products</result>
    </action>

This works if I have a url with a non-slash action name:
http://cbsweb.jammconsulting.com/cbsweb/nonExistent.action
loads the page I want.

But, if I have an action name with a slash in it:
http://cbsweb.jammconsulting.com/cbsweb/test/nonExistent.action
I get this error:
[TP-Processor3] ERROR org.apache.struts2.dispatcher.Dispatcher  - Could not
find action or result
There is no Action mapped for action name test/nonExistent. - [unknown
location]
        at
com.opensymphony.xwork2.DefaultActionProxy.prepare(DefaultActionProxy.java:1
86)

But, if I add this action to my struts.xml:
    <action name="*/*" class="page.NavUtil">
      <result name="success" type="tiles">page.products</result>
    </action>
It brings up the correct page.

Is there a way to have a wildcard that will match anything from
the url even if there are slashes in it?

Thanks,
        Neil

Eliminate junk email and reclaim your inbox.
Visit http://www.spammilter.com for details.