Struts 1.3.8 (and 1.3.5, for that matter) puts the name of the form bean
in the "id" attribute of the <form...> tag, instead of the "name"
attribute, like it used to. Since "name" doesn't exist for <form...> in
xhtml, this makes the output valid xhtml.

If I use the styleId attribute in the struts <html-el:form...> tag, it
blows up. I get an exception that shows this message:

javax.servlet.ServletException: Cannot specify "styleId" when in XHTML
mode as the HTML "id" attribute is already used to store the bean name

Well, maybe. IMHO I should be able to specify styleId and have it
override the default. It seems to me that the form bean name there is
only documentation anyway.

More serious is that when I use EL in the <html-el:link...> tag it blows
up! The stack trace for that begins with:

java.lang.NullPointerException
        at
org.apache.struts.taglib.html.LinkTag.doStartTag(LinkTag.java:314)
        at
org.apache.strutsel.taglib.html.ELLinkTag.doStartTag(ELLinkTag.java:996)

I've used EL with <html-el:form...>, so it's not a general problem, it's
peculiar to the <html-el:link...> tag.

--
Tim Slattery
[EMAIL PROTECTED]