From: msg2ajay [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 07 September 2007 11:08
To: user@struts.apache.org
Subject: RE: how do i get the ActionClass's Vector to my JSP page for
display

very much thankQ for reply,
    i am able to get values to my ActionClass but while retreiving it is
showing "inconvertable types" error . Actually i have used type casting.
But it is showing the error. Is there some thing to change my approch in
converting Vector while getParameter(); thx

Jennie Moeller wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Since you've put it on your form you can pull it off your form. So in
> your jsp you can do something like:
>

> This will look through all your items in the vector...its like a for
> loop (assuming you are using jstl tags) <c:foreach var="I"
> items="${form.lable_temp}">
>
> Or in your case perhaps you just want to toString it in which case:
>
> <c:out value="${form.lable_temp}"/>
>
> (why not use a List<String> instead? Less overhead) and also
> underscores in variable names are not java standard (although perhaps
> those are the standards at your company so ignore me!).
>
> If you aren't using jstl you could use bean:write or various other
> methods to write out the variables
>
> Jennie

STRING
> VALUES)
> ------------------
> Vector<String> lableGenVect = new Vector<String>();
> lableGenVect = (Vector<String>) xParser.xmlLableGen (Comm_vect);
//
> i am
> using jdk1.5
> form.setLable_temp (lableGenVect);
>
> my FormBean is:
> ----------------
>  public Vector<String> getLable_temp(){
>         return lable_temp;
>     }
>     public void setLable_temp(Vector<String> lables){
>         this.lable_temp = lables;
>     }
>
> my jsp page is:
> ---------------
>
>    Vector<String> lables_demo = new Vector<String>();
>     lables_demo = request.getParameter("lable_temp");
>     out.println("LABELS :"+lables_demo); [/code]
>
> Is the approach is wrong or is there any other way to access Vector
> values to my jsp.
> thx in adv.
> Ajay.

> stated.
> reliance on it and notify the sender immediately. Please note that the

> BBC monitors e-mails sent or received.

stated.
BBC monitors e-mails sent or received.