The two options are (1) Spring WebFlow plugin as you mentioned, and (2) Session interceptor, that will move attributes from the action in and out of session scope for the duration of the wizard.

/Ian

Martin Gilday wrote:
Hi,
I am currently maintaining a WebWork 2 based web application.  A change
in requirements has come about which requires a fairly long wizard to be
added.  This will take in a fair amount of data entry, at least 6
screens long, with some ajax form population based on selections.  The
final database manipulation would only occur once the final screen has
been completed successfully.  The rest of the application is based on
Spring services with Hibernate 3.

We have been planning to upgrade, so to speak, the application to Struts
2 for some time.  This seems like the right time.  What I a looking at
is if there anything inside Struts 2 or an approach to take to achieve
this long conversation and delayed database commmit?  I think something
like JBoss Seam's conversation scope would be ideal for this, but I
would really rather not change frameworks for this (as WebWork/Struts2
has worked fantastically well).  In WebWork 2 there is some continuation
support borrowed from Rife, but has been marked experimental since the
start of the year. I can see no mention of this on the Struts2 wiki. Is there any continuation support? My other idea has been to look at
Spring Web Flow.  There seems to be a plugin to make this work with
Struts 2 http://code.google.com/p/struts2webflow/.  has anyone used this
in production?

Has anyone acheieved something like this in the past?  Any advice or
pointers very much appreciated.

Thanks,
Martin.