Hi!

Is it just the page the portlet is on? Have you tried switching of
devMode and logging? There  should be no extra performance hit
compared to a basic Struts 2 application, so the performance tuning
information in the documentation should apply:
http://struts.apache.org/2.x/docs/performance-tuning.html

And if you just need a basic portlet, just remove the things from the
configuration that you don't need, or start from scratch.

You can also try a snapshot of Struts 2.1 and see if that helps. The
portlet support in 2.1 and 2.0.10 should be greatly improved.

Nils-H