Well, just because it incorporates Dojo doesn't mean you have to use
it and are forbidden from trying something better.  By default dojo.js
isn't dumped into your JSP/Freemarker pages so it's not like it's
ever-present for him to use and could get in the way.   In all my
Struts apps I use Prototype/Scriptaculous for the Ajaxy features, I
don't see anything wrong with that.  Besides, Prototype is
lightweight, easy-to-use, tested and has excellent documentation,
hence the suggestion.

Zarar