Thank you very much !

It works!

Following Your comments, I did:

=============
<dependency>
  <groupId>org.apache.struts</groupId>
  <artifactId>struts2-tiles-plugin</artifactId>
  <version>${version.tiles}</version>
  <scope>compile</scope>
</dependency>

   to web.xml

the above looks like maven stuff.. shouldn't be in web.xml

Deleted from web.xml

[2] <result-types> <result-type name="tiles" class="org.apache.struts2.views.tiles.TilesResult"/>
</result-types>

  to the struts.xml file's package section

you could also extends tiles definition instead

May I get an example? Is it for java action class extends tiles or web.xml file update, would you tell me how?

For now, I did not change this section.

[3]
   <action name="HelloWorld" class="example.HelloWorld">
      <result name="success" type="tiles">TileHelloWorld</result>
   </action>

    to the struts.xml file

ok

no change.

[4] <definition name="TileHelloWorld" template="/tiles/layout.jsp">
      <put-attribute name="body"   value="/HelloWorld.jsp"/>
  </definition>

   to tiles-defs.xml (this file is saved under /WEB-INF/)

For struts2, where and how to notify the system to load the titles-defs.xml? I suppose that the system will find this file auto-matically?

that should be in WEB-INF/tiles.xml and not tiles-defs.xml
unless you include it..

rename to tile.xml; now the file is loaded auto-matically :)

When I tried to access this page from URL, I always get the following exception (tomcat5.5.23):
javax.servlet.ServletException: TileHelloWorld
org.apache.struts2.dispatcher.Dispatcher.serviceAction(Dispatcher.java:515) org.apache.struts2.dispatcher.FilterDispatcher.doFilter(FilterDispatcher.java:419)
No such errors anymore, and I got my tiles pages displayed successfuly!

Thank you again!