Hi,

I have an action that is to accomplish three things: searching for
protocols, download a single protocol, deleting a single protocol. When
downloading a protocol no new page etc. has to be accessed because I
handle the response by myself.

So my action contains the following:

if(!protocolForm.getProtocolIdDownload().trim().equals("")) {
    // the user clicked to download a protocol
    String protocolToDownload = protocolForm.getProtocolIdDownload();
    logger.debug("User wants to download protocol with ID: " +
protocolToDownload);
    // we have to clear the appropriate field to avoid "cached" fields
    protocolForm.setProtocolIdDownload("");
    ProtocolFileData fileData =
getProtocolService().downloadProtocol(protocolToDownload);

    return findForward(null);
}

struts-config.xml contains:

<action path="/protocolSearch"
        type="de.volkswagen.ipad.tv.controller.SearchProtocolAction"
          name="searchProtocolForm"
          scope="session"
          validate="true"
          input="success">
        <forward name="success"

path="/protected/knowledge/tv_online_app/protocol.jsp"
                     contextRelative="true"/>
</action>
<form-bean name="searchProtocolForm"
           type="de.volkswagen.ipad.tv.view.formbean.SearchProtocolForm"
             dynamic="false"/>

Debug shows that the code in the action method is executed, but the
browser shows an empty page after executing the action. I would expect
that simple nothing would happen (as the real download functionality/the
response) isn't implemented yet. To be more precise, I'd expect the
browser to show the search mask and the result still. The server logs
don't show anything related. Did I misconfigure anything? Just as a
reminder, I (have to) use Struts 1.1.

Regards,

Maik