Hi Mark,
No such problem encountered on https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/struts/struts2/trunk @ rev 588199, last changed 2007-10-25 21:02:52 +1000
although I'm using JSP.

Just a quick check for a small mistake though: you are using the head tag from /struts-dojo-tags rather than /struts-tags aren't you?

ie. JSP:
<%@ taglib prefix="sx" uri="/struts-dojo-tags" %>
 <sx:head debug="true" parseContent="false"/>

cheers,
Jeromy Evans

Mark P Ashworth wrote:
Good Day,

I got the following exception when using the nightly build of the 26 Oct
2007 of core and the latest dojo plugins build from svn. I put the
parseContent in the <@s.head parseContent="false" > and it seems to have
fixed the problem. The documentation seemed to point that the parseContent
was false by default, is this still the case.

Expression parameters.parseContent is undefined on line 45, column 28 in
template/ajax/head.ftl.
The problematic instruction:
----------
==> ${parameters.parseContent?string} [on line 45, column 26 in
template/ajax/head.ftl]
----------

Java backtrace for programmers:
----------
freemarker.core.InvalidReferenceException: Expression
parameters.parseContent is undefined on line 45, column 28 in
template/ajax/head.ftl.
        at freemarker.core.TemplateObject.assertNonNull(TemplateObject.java:124)
        at
freemarker.core.TemplateObject.invalidTypeException(TemplateObject.java:134)
        at
freemarker.core.BuiltIn$stringBI._getAsTemplateModel(BuiltIn.java:358)
        at freemarker.core.Expression.getAsTemplateModel(Expression.java:89)
        at freemarker.core.Expression.getStringValue(Expression.java:93)
        at freemarker.core.DollarVariable.accept(DollarVariable.java:76)

Regards,
Mark P Ashworth