And 4 - have you looked in the source for unit tests testing this functionality?

Tom Schneider wrote:
My first suggestion is the make sure that the package.properties files are on
the classpath when you run your junit test.

Secondly, it would be helpful for us to help you figure this out if you post
the stack trace for the null pointer exception.

Third, you may want to debug into the getText() method so you can tell us
exactly where the framework is having problems.  Based on the information
you've provided, it's really hard to figure out where the problem is.  My
guess is it's somewhere in XWork, but without some more information, it's
hard to tell.  Webwork and Struts 2 are very JUnit friendly frameworks, so
I'm sure it's just a matter of configuration.
Tom

Session Mwamufiya wrote:
Hi All,

Would someone let me know whether it's possible to tweak something so that
JUnit test code can run on an action method that calls the ActionSupport
method getText() to fetch string resources from a package.properties file. As it stands, I keep getting a null exception when getText() is called
during the unit test.

Thanks,
Session