I tried 2.0.10 and experienced the same problem. Does anyone have any ideas on this one?

Thanks,
Brian

On Oct 24, 2007, at 11:18 PM, Brian Trzupek wrote:

I am trying to upgrade our app to 2.0.9 and having difficulty in the optiontransferselect tag.

Here is a sample of what a typical OTS tag looks like in our app:

<s:form name="editForm2" action="saveScanNotifications" theme="xhtml">
                       <s:optiontransferselect
                           theme="xhtml"
                           label="%{getText('item.notifications')}"
                           name="systemUsers"
                           rightTitle="Users Notified by Scan"
                           leftTitle="System User List"
                           list="%{systemUsers}"
                           listValue="email"
                           listKey="id"
                           allowAddToLeft="true"
                           allowAddAllToLeft="true"
                           allowUpDownOnLeft="true"
                           multiple="true"
                           headerKey="headerKey"
                           headerValue="--- Please Select ---"
                           emptyOption="true"
                           doubleList="%{notificationUsers}"
                           doubleListValue="email"
                           doubleListKey="id"
                           doubleName="notificationUsers"
                           doubleHeaderKey="doubleHeaderKey"
                           doubleHeaderValue="--- Please Select ---"
                           doubleEmptyOption="true"
                           doubleMultiple="true"
                       />

In versions previous to 2.0.9, the associated action executes perfectly and everything works. The execution order in the action layer goes like this:
1) Prepare is called.
2) saveScanNotifications (method in Action mapped class) is called.
3) Prepare is called.

In 2.0.9 the associated action executes in a different order and thus throws NullPointerExceptions. Here is what happens in 209:
1) Prepare is called.
2) Prepare is called.
3) saveScanNotifications (method in Action mapped class) is called.

When the above happens the first prepare works and retrieves the object from the db by id correctly. When the second prepare happens, all of a sudden there is no id to load , or object present from the previous prepare. Almost like it is being called without any knowledge of the request context. Then saveScanNotifications is called and exceptions hit everywhere b/c the object was not loaded.

Does anyone have an idea on what might have changed in 2.0.9 or where we may have gone wrong?

Thanks,
Brian-