Thank you very much for this hint,
it is exactly what I meanwhile have implemented as fallback.

Only disadvantage in comparison to an ognl expression is that in case of
change I have
to change action (code) and recompile ...

What do you mean with overly-complex in detail?

the approach trying to catch as much actions with one action configuration?
(*_*_*)

I read about this as "best practice" in some struts documentation ...
Would you recommend from your experience other style?

Thanks again,
basti