Thankyou very much for the advice.

The problem was indeed that IE was unhappy populating a DIV in a TABLE.
Simply changed my HTML and it worked fine, allowing me to create dynamic
FORMS.

With regards to using the AJAX tags, I started with those but switched to
DOJO code when the I ran into problems.  Now I've fixed the issue I can
simply go back to using the AJAX theme properly.

Once again cheers.

kingysball