I'm sorry I didn't make it clear enough. I do not want to access the parameters. I would like to access all attributes of a request (i.e. remote host, request uri, headers, etc) and I thought Struts2 would wrap that up in a servlet independent map so I don't have to depend on Servlet specific stuff.
Does it make sense to be servlet independent in this case anyway?

- Thilo

Gary Affonso wrote:
Thilo Ettelt wrote:
Yes, I know :) But I don't want to depend on HttpServletRequest. I would like to have the Request*Map*. Unfortunetely from looking at the code I only found out how to contruct a RequestMap from a HttpServletRequest.

Omkar showed you how to get to the invocationContext(). From there isn't it just...

  invocationContext.getParameters()

The API for ActionContext.getParameters() indicates:

"Returns a Map of the HttpServletRequest parameters when in a servlet environment or a generic Map of parameters otherwise."

To be more specific, it should give you a generic map of name/value pairs. When in a servlet environment that map mirrors the request map (but is *not* the raw request params).

That's what you want, right?

- Gary