Minghui Yu wrote:
Hi there,

I am new to Struts (version 1.2.7). I am developing a small app to
learn Struts. Could
you please give me some suggestions?

Respectfully, my first suggestion would be to use Struts 2. If you're just getting started and you need to climb a learning-curve anyway, why not climb the curve with the latest release?

The differences between S1 and S2 are significant. You don't want to learn a bunch of stuff in S1 that just doesn't apply in S2.

Unless, of course, your motivation for learning is to help with existing S1 projects. In that case you've gotta learn S1.

But if you're learning so you can code *new* webapps, use S2.

- Gary

P.S. And learn Spring, too. :-)