Hm, but as I have model driven action,
for both methods (even if I want to validate different attributes later on)
the first I have to use is VisitorFieldValidator with appendPrefix=false for
the model attribute of the action class.

So at this level there is no difference, thats why I cannot see how it
should help.

Could you explain your suggestion a little more in detail?
Would it be realizable with annotation approach too?

Thank you very much in advance,
Basti