Hi,
  I followed simple approach suggested by Ted which says,
"The simplest thing is to let the Struts 1 portion answer the *.do URIs
and let the Struts 2 portion answer the *.action URIs. Everyone can
share session and application scope as needed. One page can submit to
the other portion, just include the extension as part of the URI, as
if you were calling a HTML page."

    I am am having some issues with it. I have put URL of S1 application
inside the TabbedPane of S2. It displays S1, but as soon as I click on it,
browser refreshes with showing only S1 application. I want it running inside
my TabbedPane of S2 application. Is this approach of mine correct or do I
need something else. I need S1 application to be running inside Struts 2
without refreshing window and loosing control of S2.

  Do you think portlet will work ? I am not familiar with portlets and how
struts and portlets work ?

  I am kind of confused about how to go with this.I would really appreciate
any help.
Thanks,
Leena