Hi Chris,

I had the same problem as you and I couldn´t find a good solution.

My workaround was sending to the Tag the things I need, for example, the errors.

At the JSP, my tag looks like this:
<myTag:myTag ... errors="${fieldErrors}" .../>

So I suppose you can send to your Tag Library (through the JSP) the ActionErrors, ActionMessages and FieldErrors from the controller action.

Maybe you don´t like this solution (it´s not very beautiful), but it works :)

Regards.

Chris Pratt escribió:
Yes, I've looked deeply into the implementation of <s:actionmessage>
so that I can try to duplicate it in a tag more closely resembling
through all the tunnels, passageways, libraries, and wormholes to
figure out how it's getting hold of the ActionMessage's,
ActionError's, and FieldError's to display.

I'm not looking for which tag to use, I'm looking for how it's done
programmatically.  Thanks.

  (*Chris*)