Do it in your action code. A JSP is not the place for manipulating objects
such as Lists (repeat this 100 times).

-----Original Message-----
From: news [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Laurie Harper
Sent: 27 December 2007 23:56
To: user@struts.apache.org
Subject: Re: appending tags

Henry Park wrote:
> How can I append the values in a list to a struts tag? For example, in
> the example below, how can I append 'lastname' into 'AppendedList'?
>
> <s:set name="AppendedList" value=""/>
>
> <s:iterator value="resultList" status="status">
>   <s:property name="lastname"/>
> </s:iterator>
>
> I have tried
>
> <s:append id="AppendedList">
>   <s:param value="lastname"/>
> </s:append>

I'm not sure what you're trying to accomplish, but that doesn't look like
the purpose of s:append, which takes one or more existing lists and
concatenates them.

What can't you use resultList directly? If you describe what you're trying
to accomplish and why you want to push data into a scripting variable,
someone may be able to describe an easier approach.

L.