Hi all,

Struts 1.3.8

I have a single struts module and it seems as though my plugins are getting
loaded twice.

This goes for the validator, tiles, and my own written plugins.

I've found out that if in the web.xml I do not specify a value for
<load-on-startup> then the ActionServlet is not initialized until it is
requested, and when it is requested it is initialized once.

Web.xml

<servlet>

            <description>Struts Action Servlet</description>

            <servlet-name>action</servlet-name>

            <init-param>

                  <param-name>config</param-name>

<param-value>/WEB-INF/config/struts/struts-config.xml</param-value>

            </init-param>

            <load-on-startup>2</load-on-startup>

      </servlet>

However, if I add a value for <load-on-startup> it seems as though struts is
initialized twice as I can see that the validator and tiles plugins are
loaded twice.  The struts manual says that the framework should be loaded on
startup to ensure correct operation.

Ed

The information contained in this e-mail is legally privileged and confidential
information intended only for use by the  individual or entity named above.  If
the reader of this e-mail is not the intended recipient, you are hereby
notified that any dissemination or distribution hereof is prohibited.  If you
have received this e-mail in error, please delete the material from your
computer and immediately notify us at   631-396-5000.  Thank you.