On Jan 2, 2008 10:59 PM, ravi_eze <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> hi,
>
> the workaround works, but causes problems if the checkbox should be
> validated. More over the soln is based on assumptions that need not hold
> always.

Which solution are you saying is based on assumptions that need not
hold, and why?  I think you'll find that my solution wherein you 1)
you don't use session-scoped action forms (or the equivalent in s2)
and 2) you don't initialize checkboxes in action form initialization,
covers all bases, including validation.  Really, it's the only viable
option for struts 1, that I know of.  If the assumption that doesn't
hold is that you need session-scoped-like form behavior, then that's
easily resolved.