From: Chris Pratt [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, January 10, 2008 10:39 PM
To: Struts Users Mailing List; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Commons logging in struts

On Jan 10, 2008 1:25 AM, Raghuveer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Could any one provide information of using commons logging for logging my
> application related logs in  my JSP-STRUTS application

Commons logging is just a logging facade, it is not a logging system
itself.  It is used by libraries and frameworks so that the authors
can write logs that will eventually get logged to whatever logging
system the end user decides to embrace.

With that in mind, what you probably really need to decide is which
logging system you want to use.  The two most popular are definitely,
the one built into Java (java.util.logging.*) and Log4j
(http://logging.apache.org).

One other thing you might want to look into is a more advanced facade
SLF4j (http://www.slf4j.org).
  (*Chris*)