Hi totojack-

I think you're right that the key property is useless now that you're using
the positional index to access your list elements.

Also, the type conversion page says that using the unique id indexed
approach won't allow for automatic creation of instances.  The docs say the
following: "Unlike Map and List element properties, if fooCollection(22)
does not exist, it will not be created. If you would like it created, use
the notation fooCollection.makeNew[index] where index is an integer 0, 1,
and so on."

I haven't been able to get makeNew to work and no one on the list responded
to a previous question on it so I'm assuming that the feature is deprecated
and the documentation is out of date.  Which is really a shame since
positional indexing of a list comes with some risks that accessing elements
by unique id does not.  You can write some hacks to get around this, but
they lack the elegance that a web framework that really understood
collections could have provided.