Thank you Jeff for the reply.

did u mean the *converter* attribute of the action tag that we give in
struts.xml? I didnt give any such attribute in it. I added
ActionClass-conversion.properties: in which i mentioned the attribute to
pickup a class which implements convertFromString and viceversa functions.

My action tag in the xml are as follows:

<struts>
        <package name="eventsCreation" namespace="/event"
                extends="struts-default">

                <interceptors>
                        <interceptor name="..." class="..." />
                        <interceptor name="..." class="..." />
                </interceptors>

                <action name="oneAct"   class="oneClass">
                        <interceptor-ref name="...">
                        </interceptor-ref>
                        <result>one.jsp</result>
                </action>

let me know if you are looking for anything else.

cheers,
ravi