Hi

OK, the same problem occured even before the dependencies are modified.
The following are the steps I performed,

1) Create the starter application
    > mvn archetype:create
    -DgroupId=com.fdar.apress.s2
    -DartifactId=app
    -DarchetypeGroupId=org.apache.struts
    -DarchetypeArtifactId=struts2-archetype-starter
    -DarchetypeVersion=2.0.9-SNAPSHOT
    -DremoteRepositories=http://people.apache.org/maven-snapshot-repository

2) Run the starter application
    > mvn jetty:run

3) Open Firefox and goto http://localhost:8080/app

4) Open IE 6.0 and goto http://localhost:8080/app

The menu is displayed on top of the page in Firefox, but NOT in the IE 6.0.
Can you reproduce the same problem?

On 1/29/08, Laurie Harper <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> hezjing wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> > I created Struts2 starter application as shown below,
> >
> >    mvn archetype:create
> >    -DgroupId=com.fdar.apress.s2
> >    -DartifactId=app
> >    -DarchetypeGroupId=org.apache.struts
> >    -DarchetypeArtifactId=struts2-archetype-starter
> >    -DarchetypeVersion=2.0.9-SNAPSHOT
> >    -DremoteRepositories=http://people.apache.org/maven-snapshot-repository
> >
> > then, I modified pom.xml and changed the dependencies to JUnit 4.4 and
> > Struts 2.0.11.
> >
> > When loaded the application in Firefox, I can see the menu bar ("Menu
> > 1", "Menu 2" and etc) displayed on the top.
> >
> > When loaded the application in IE 6.0, the same menu bar is missing!
> >
> > Do you what could be the problem?
>
> Did everything work before you updated the dependencies? If so, did you
> check the release notes for 2.0.11 [1] to see if any changes may be
> needed in the starter app code?
>
> L.
>
> [1] http://struts.apache.org/2.0.11/docs/release-notes-2011.html

Hez