Doesn't that need to be theme="ajax"?

Serge Bornow wrote:
Hello Jeromy,

I do have :  <s:head theme="simple" />
Also, i use Netbeans to generate respective get/set method so they are JavaBean std compliant.

The issue for me unfortunately is getting the value back , it seems to lose it.
:(

Thanks for feedback though.

Serge

Jeromy Evans wrote:
Hi Serge,

You'll find many emails in this forum relating to DatePicker problems. Some of the solutions are here: http://cwiki.apache.org/S2WIKI/vault.html

In this case though, is it possible you've forgotten the s:head tag at the top of the page?

Serge Bornow wrote:
Hi All,

I:'ve been battling this for many hours.
I hope someone can help.
Using JDK 1.5, Struts 2.0.11

My property:
shoot_date of type Date
has get and set and on execute()
set's the default date to today's date
setShoot_Date(new Date);

on the form:
<s:datetimepicker name="shoot_date" displayFormat="MM/dd/yyyy" />
even without displayformat it doesn't work.

what happens is that i click the submit button that submits an action that executes a method that tries to read the shoot_date and it's null.

Hence the error in my log:

java.text.ParseException: Unparseable date: ""
       at java.text.DateFormat.parse(DateFormat.java:337)
at org.apache.struts2.components.DateTimePicker.format(DateTimePicker.java:309)

Does anyone have a good working example?

Thank you very much,

Serge