There's javascript involved as you're using an ajax submit.

When your form is posted the submit button shows loading text in your target div. In IE, if the target div contains the form you're posting, it overwrites the form in the DOM prior to posting and the XHR request fails. It's a problem related to the incorrect/inconsistent ordering of events in IE.

Add the showLoadingText="false" attribute to your ajax submit button(s) and it'll be okay.

regards,
Jeromy evans

Marc Eckart wrote:
Hi,

I have a <s:select> tag which behaves different in IE 6.0 and firefox. In
Firefox the underlying property in my struts action is filled in IE not.

This is my code?

<s:form id="searchAdvisorIdsForm" action="searchAdvisorIds" method="post" >

<s:select name="branchSearch"
          headerKey=""
          headerValue="-- Bitte wählen --"
          list="branchNameList"
          cssClass="medium"
      />

    <s:submit theme="ajax" targets="organizersearch" key="button.search"
value="Suchen" cssClass="pushbutton" />

</s:form>

I have no idea why it works in Firefox and not in IE. Because there is no
JavaScript involved (or am I wrong).

Best regards.

Marc