Hi,
I recently started converting an older project to Struts 2.0.11 and maven.
The project uses spring plugin for injecting certain dependencies into the
actions. The problem is, that I would like to use the constructor
autowiring, as described in the configuration file (struts.properties):

### specifies the autoWiring logic when using the SpringObjectFactory.
### valid values are: name, type, auto, and constructor (name is the default)
struts.objectFactory.spring.autoWire = constructor

However, this results in an exception when instantiating the Struts actions:

javax.servlet.ServletException: Unable to instantiate Action,
net.x.y.web.Login,  defined for 'Login' in namespace '/'Just constants
AUTOWIRE_BY_NAME and AUTOWIRE_BY_TYPE allowed - action -
file:/**/WEB-INF/classes/struts-base.xml:20:68

If I change the autoWire setting to type, I get an

javax.servlet.ServletException: Unable to intantiate Action!

type exception, because the action has constructor arguments that really
need to be injected there somehow.

Am I missing some dependency, or have the spring folks dropped support for
the auto and constructor settings while I was away?