Don't put 10,000 items in a drop down list. There is no way that a human is
going to read 10,000 items in a list and there is a good chance you will
crash their browser. I suggest making the user select some options, through
more drop down lists or input methods, to narrow down the final list before
displaying it.

Regards,
Randy Burgess
Sr. Web Applications Developer
Nuvox Communications

> From: Jayaveeran <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2008 06:03:47 -0800 (PST)
> To: <user@struts.apache.org>
> Subject: <html:select> takes more time for populating values.
>

> Hi all,
>
> I am populating a dropdown in my jsp which has more than 10,000 elements in
> it. Since the record size is very huge the time taken for the JSP to load is
> very high. I am using the folowing snippet to populate the dropdown. I am
> using struts framework. Is there any other way that I can populate the
> dropdown to make it faster ? Please help.

> onchange='<%="fnDoCheck("+rowIndex.intValue()+")"%>' style="width:300px">
>  <bean:define id ="List" property='id' name= "Object"/>

This email and any attachments ("Message") may contain legally privileged
and/or confidential information.  If you are not the addressee, or if this
Message has been addressed to you in error, you are not authorized to read,
copy, or distribute it, and we ask that you please delete it (including all
copies) and notify the sender by return email.  Delivery of this Message to any
person other than the intended recipient(s) shall not be deemed a waiver of
confidentiality and/or a privilege.