How are you performing the Authentication and Authorization? If you
are using container managed security, this will be done automagically.
As an example, here are the docs for setting this up in Tomcat 5.5.x
->

http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-5.5-doc/realm-howto.html

-Wes

On 2/12/08, Dravid <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> After a successful login I don't want to redirect the user to a hardcodes
> page, but I want the user to be redirected where he wanted to go. E.g. if a
> user clicks on 'sell' he will be forced to log in and after login the
> sell-page should be shown. If he clicks on buy the buy-page should be shown
> after login. Is there an elegant way to do this?"
>
> please help with a piece of code.
>
> thanks in advance

Wesley Wannemacher
President, Head Engineer/Consultant