I'm not sure what you mean by "no response from the server".
When you omit the class name on the action definition the default action will be used (usually ActionSupport) to set up the value stack and resources so you can use struts tags within the JSP.

Your tiles result looks fine.

If you don't want to explicitly define an action in struts.xml but want to forward to a JSP through Struts2, use the CodeBehind plugin.

http://struts.apache.org/2.x/docs/codebehind-plugin.html

Allen, Daniel wrote:
Hi.

I have a few places in my web app where a URL goes to a page that is
more or less static. We still use JSPs for these static pages, since
we're looking to use Tiles to re-use header/footer code and so on.
Currently, though, my attempts to get Struts2 are just yielding no
response on the server, and I was wondering if perhaps this was because
I needed to do something else to describe the action for Struts to take.
If the below is incorrect, how can I forward a URL directly to a JSP
without any Action class in between? (I assume this must be possible,
since a) it was in Struts1, and b) 'class' is an option attribute for
<action>.)

Thanks for looking, ~Dan Allen

_______________________
My struts.xml:
        <struts>
                <include file="struts-default.xml"/>

                <constant name="struts.devMode" value="true" />
                <constant name="struts.action.extension" value="do" />

                <package name="insurancederiv" extends="struts-default">

                        <result-types>
                                <result-type name="tiles"
class="org.apache.struts2.views.tiles.TilesResult"/>
                        </result-types>

                        <action name="home">
                                <result name="success"
type="tiles">home</result>
                        </action>

                </package>
        </struts>
My tiles-defs.xml:
<tiles-definitions>

        <definition name="home" template="/home.jsp"/>

</tiles-definitions>