>> I was under the impression that I could write actions without extending
>> ActionSupport or implementing any struts2/xwork interfaces.

>You can. Doesn't mean you'd *want* to, if you want to use functionality
>provided by the framework.

I want to do this so that I can minimize the coupling between my actions and
struts2. JSF permits this. You still have to call a static method to add
validation errors messages from actions, but at least you don't have to
extend a class or implement an interface. I was hoping struts2 had a similar
approach.

>You don't *need* to extend ActionSupport to implement ValidationAware, it's
>just much easier.

So I *must* implement an interface (ValidationAware) or extend a struts2
class in order to add errors messages from an action. Is that accurate?

thanks very much,
tom