From: Adam Hardy [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2008 13:48:18 +0000
To: user@struts.apache.org
Subject: Date formatting?

I just checked that there is no JSTL configuration setting to apply a
format
type or pattern to <fmt:formatDate> across the whole webapp.

I need the ISO date format on 99% of dates displayed on my current app, but
there is no way to change the default globally for <fmt:formatDate> from
dateStyle="medium".

It seems like a prime target for a quick taglib, to avoid using the
following
everywhere, with x number of errors by sloppy coders (that would be me):

<fmt:formatDate value="myDate" pattern="yyyy-MM-dd" />

Or is there something I'm missing? Somewhat off-topic I realise after
checking
the S2 taglib reference :O

Regards
Adam