2008/2/25, santosh gokak <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> Thanks for getting me started.
> I have the 1.2.9 source along with me.
> do you know the reason of this NPE been thrown?
> I too would debug and try to find it.
> I have also registered and voted for the bug :)

Ok sorry for the "too-fast" answer.
The reason for not fixing this bugs outselves is the fact that Tiles 2
exists:
http://tiles.apache.org/
and that the Tiles 1 bug can be circumvented (most probably you have a
<tiles:insert> that is not bound to any attribute value).
So you have three options:
1) since you are using JSF and not Struts, migrate to Tiles 2 (best option
IMHO);
2) create a patch (I don't know how to fix it, download the source from the
svn trunk);
3) stick with the bug, that can be fixed on your code.

Sorry for this.
Antonio