Hi,

Thanks for the valuable information. The problem is my company is not using
ajax at the moment. Is there any other way to call the javascipt funtion in
struts tag. I have a java script function placed in web project. This
function returns a value

function shortenTextLength(text, textlength)
{
        var textValue = text;
        if (textValue.length > textlength){
                var shortenedText = textValue.substring(0,textlength) + "...";
        }else{
                var shortenedText = text;
        }
        return (shortenedText);
}

I want to call function shortenTextLength(text, textlength) in JSP using
struts tag.
regards,
Varun