That validator doesn't do client side validation.

Only the following validators are supported:

    * required validator
    * requiredstring validator
    * stringlength validator
    * regex validator
    * email validator
    * url validator
    * int validator
    * double validator

http://struts.apache.org/2.0.11/docs/pure-javascript-client-side-validation.
html

Regards,
Randy Burgess
Sr. Web Applications Developer
Nuvox Communications

> From: mojoRising <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2008 14:45:37 -0800 (PST)
> To: <user@struts.apache.org>
> Subject: Re: expression validator
>

> Thanks, I confirmed my syntax, and now it does not do any client side
> validation. Do I have this validator in the right place? Here is the
> relevant code from my xml file:
>

> <!DOCTYPE validators PUBLIC
>         "-//OpenSymphony Group//XWork Validator 1.0.2//EN"
>         "http://www.opensymphony.com/xwork/xwork-validator-1.0.2.dtd";>
>
> <validators>
> <field name="password">
>         <field-validator type="requiredstring">
>             <message key="requiredstring"/>
>         </field-validator>
>     </field>
> <field name="password2">
>         <field-validator type="requiredstring">
>             <message key="requiredstring"/>
>         </field-validator>
>     </field>
>
> <validator type="expression">
>  password2.equals(password)
>  <message>Password not the same as Confirmed</message>
> </validator>
>
> </validators>
>

> From the validator documentation.
>
>   <validator type="expression">
>       email.equals(email2)
>       <message>Email not the same as email2</message>
>   </validator>
>
> Regards,
> Randy Burgess
> Sr. Web Applications Developer
> Nuvox Communications

This email and any attachments ("Message") may contain legally privileged
and/or confidential information.  If you are not the addressee, or if this
Message has been addressed to you in error, you are not authorized to read,
copy, or distribute it, and we ask that you please delete it (including all
copies) and notify the sender by return email.  Delivery of this Message to any
person other than the intended recipient(s) shall not be deemed a waiver of
confidentiality and/or a privilege.