//easiest solution would be to set all the attribute default values to null
e.g.
public class TestFormBean extends ActionForm
{
    private String   stringProperty=null;
    private Object[] arrayProperty=null;

    public  String   getStringProperty()
   {
     return (stringProperty);
    }
    public  void   setStringProperty(String stringProperty)
    {
      this.stringProperty = stringProperty;
    }

    public  Object[] getArrayProperty()
   {
     return (arrayProperty);
    }
    public  void setArrayProperty(Object[] arrayProperty)
    {
      this.arrayProperty = arrayProperty;

Anyone else?
M-